Workplace safety doesn’t need to be complicated. A few warning signs, a clean workspace, and an open dialogue on safety concerns could be all it takes to reduce the risk for work-related injuries.
10 Simple Steps to Improve Workplace Safety
1. Train employees well.
2. Reward employees for safe behavior.
3. Partner with occupational clinicians.
4. Use labels and signs.
5. Keep things clean.
6. Make sure employees have the right tools and have regular equipment inspections.
7. Encourage stretch breaks.
8. Implement safety protocols from the start.
9. Keep an open dialogue.
10. Have regular meetings on workplace safety.
It never hurts to be over-prepared. Regular meetings to go over safety rules and talk about prevention keep workplace safety top of mind—so that when something does happen, everyone knows what to do right away. Review the concerns that have been reported and decide how those concerns will be addressed.