Regional Spotlight: Midwest: Indianapolis, IN
- Indianapolis is the 12th largest city in the United States and is the only major city not on a River
- It is illegal to sell or buy a vehicle on Sunday thanks to the “Blue Law”
- The Indianapolis 500 is the largest single day sporting event in the world
- If you can’t make it to an actual race, check out the Indy Speedway Museum ($10 for adults) to learn tidbits such as when the first Indianapolis 500 was held (on May 30, 1911) and who won (Ray Harroun, with an average speed of 74.59 mph). http://www.indyracingmuseum.org/
- To hit all the top spots in one go, plan a day at the Central Canal or Indy Canal Walk (https://www.visitindy.com/indianapolis-canal-walK). It is a 3 miles loop where you can see some of Indy’s top sites like the Indiana State Museum (https://www.indianamuseum.org/), Victory Field (https://www.visitindy.com/indianapolis-victory-field-located-in-white-river-state-parK), the Indianapolis Zoo (http://www.indianapoliszoo.com/plan-your-visit/animals-exhibits?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqsPIrcrJ2AIVGIezCh1pfQIlEAAYASAAEgKZkvD_BwE), and White River State Park (https://www.whiteriverstatepark.org/). You can walk, rent a segway, kayak, or pedal boat or jump into a gondolier like a tourist in Venice, Italy.
- If brunch if your thang, check out Milktooth – http://www.milktoothindy.com/
- Do you like sandwiches piled nice and high with all the goodies? Me too. Get some Love Handle sandwiches now! https://www.yelp.com/biz/love-handle-indianapolis
- You into veggies? Three Carrots is the vegetarian spot for you. https://www.threecarrotsindy.com/
- For a little Asian inspired dishes, skip on over to Rook and enjoy. http://www.rookindy.com/
- Stop by The Garden Table to help with your healthy New Years resolution. They have fresh juices and a hearty brunch and dinner menu. https://thegardentable.com/
- Tinker Street (https://thegardentable.com/) may be a bit pricey, but you might be able to spot a Colts or Hoosiers player eating here.
- Talk about hip! Bluebeard is the spot for all your hipsters out there in Indy. http://bluebeardindy.com/
- Missing that comfort Mexican food? La Parada may just fill that void. https://www.yelp.com/biz/la-parada-indianapolis-3