Home › Forums › Regional Forums › West › From Mystery Castles to Waterfalls… What's Hidden in your Area? › Reply To: From Mystery Castles to Waterfalls… What's Hidden in your Area?
Well, I should join the conversation since this is my region!
I was happy to see a post in our Regional Forums that was actually regionally focused! I hope we get to see more like these in the near future – chatting about local hidden gems, planning team meet ups, community service activities, etc. That’s why these regional forums are here!
So, the question is about some hidden gems in the West. As a lifelong Californian, here are some of my favorites:
- Yosemite National Park: One of the crowning jewels of the national park system.
- Sequoia, Redwoods, Death Valley, Muir Woods: Okay, we have quite a few beautiful national parks!
- Hearst Castle: Great weekend road trip. After checking out the castle, go to the beach at San Simeon and check out the elephant seals.
- The California Mission Trail: Chances are there’s one in your backyard. Great place to learn about early California history.
- Solvang/Buelton: Anderson’s Split Pea Soup, fudge shops and a mission (see above) – another perfect weekend road trip!
- Griffith Park/Observatory: One of the best spots in L.A., whether you love astronomy, movie history, zoos, picnics, trains or hiking.
If I don’t stop I’ll just keep on going…Big Sur, Cannery Row, SD Zoo…we have a lot of great stuff in CA!